Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
1 CORINTHIANS 4:1-5- THIS IS HOW ONE SHOULD REGARD US, AS SERVANTS OF CHRIST AND STEWARDS OF THE MYSTERIES OF GOD. MOREOVER, IT IS REQUIRED OF STEWARDS THAT THEY BE FOUND FAITHFUL. BUT WITH ME IT IS A VERY SMALL THING THAT I SHOULDN’T BE JUDGED BY YOU OR BY ANY HUMAN COURT. IN FACT, I DO NOT EVEN JUDGE MYSELF. FOR I AM NOT AWARE OF ANYTHING AGAINST MYSELF, BUT I AM NOT THEREBY ACQUITTED. IT IS THE LORD WHO JUDGES ME. THEREFORE DO NOT PRONOUNCE JUDGMENT BEFORE THE TIME, BEFORE THE LORD COMES, WHO WILL BRING TO LIGHT THE THINGS NOW HIDDEN IN DARKNESS AND WILL DISCLOSE THE PURPOSES OF THE HEART. THEN EACH ONE WILL RECEIVE THIER COMMENDATION FROM GOD. I HAVE APPLIED ALL THESE THINGS TO MYSELF AND APOLLOS FOR YOUR BENEFIT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THAT YOU MAY LEARN BY US NOT TO GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN THAT NONE OF YOU MAY BE PUFFED UP IN FAVOR OF ONE AGAINST THE ANOTHER.