Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
1 CORINTHIANS 4:1-5- THIS IS HOW ONE SHOULD REGARD US, AS SERVANTS OF CHRIST AND STEWARDS OF THE MYSTERIES OF GOD. MOREOVER, IT IS REQUIRED OF STEWARDS THAT THEY BE FOUND FAITHFUL. BUT WITH ME IT IS A VERY SMALL THING THAT I SHOULDN’T BE JUDGED BY YOU OR BY ANY HUMAN COURT. IN FACT, I DO NOT EVEN JUDGE MYSELF. FOR I AM NOT AWARE OF ANYTHING AGAINST MYSELF, BUT I AM NOT THEREBY ACQUITTED. IT IS THE LORD WHO JUDGES ME. THEREFORE DO NOT PRONOUNCE JUDGMENT BEFORE THE TIME, BEFORE THE LORD COMES, WHO WILL BRING TO LIGHT THE THINGS NOW HIDDEN IN DARKNESS AND WILL DISCLOSE THE PURPOSES OF THE HEART. THEN EACH ONE WILL RECEIVE THIER COMMENDATION FROM GOD. I HAVE APPLIED ALL THESE THINGS TO MYSELF AND APOLLOS FOR YOUR BENEFIT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THAT YOU MAY LEARN BY US NOT TO GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN THAT NONE OF YOU MAY BE PUFFED UP IN FAVOR OF ONE AGAINST THE ANOTHER.