Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
1 PETER 5:1-10- SO I EXHORT THE ELDERS AMONG YOU, AS A FELLOW ELDER AND A WITNESS OF THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST, AS WELL AS A PARTAKER IN THE GLORY THAT IS GOING TO BE REVEALED: SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD THAT IS AMONG YOU, EXERCISING OVERSIGHT, NOT UNDER COMPULSION, BUT WILLINGLY, AS GOD WOULD HAVE YOU; NOT FOR SHAMEFUL GAIN, BUT EAGERLY; NOT DOMINEERING OVER THOSE IN YOUR CHARGE, BUT BEING EXAMPLES TO THE FLOCK. AND WHEN THE CHIEF SHEPHERD APPEARS, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE UNFADING CROWN OF GLORY. LIKEWISE, YOU WHO ARE YOUNGER, BE SUBJECT TO THE ELDERS. CLOTHE YOURSELVES, ALL OF YOU, WITH HUMILITY TOWARD ONE ANOTHER, FOR GOD OPPOSES THE PROUD BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. HUMBLE YOURSELVES, THEREFORE, UNDER THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD SO THAT AT THE PROPER TIME HE MAY EXALT YOU, CASTING ALL YOUR ANXIETIES ON HIM, BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU. BE SOBER-MINDED; BE WATCHFUL. YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL PROWLS AROUND LIKE A ROARING LION, SEEKING SOMEONE TO DEVOUR. RESIST HIM, FIRM IN YOUR FAITH, KNOWING THAT THE SAME KINDS OF SUFFERING ARE BEING EXPERIENCED BY YOUR BROTHERHOOD THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. AND AFTER YOU HAVE SUFFERED A LITTLE WHILE, THE GOD OF ALL GRACE, WHO HAS CALLED YOU TO HIS ETERNAL GLORY IN CHRIST, WILL HIMSELF RESTORE, CONFIRM, STRENGTHEN, AND ESTABLISH YOU.