Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
1 PETER 3:18-22- FOR CHRIST ALSO SUFFERED ONCE FOR SINS, THE RIGHTEOUS FOR THE UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, THAT HE MIGHT BRING US TO GOD, BEING PUT TO DEATH IN THE FLESH BUT MADE ALIVE IN THE SPIRIT, IN WHICH HE WENT AND PROCLAIMED TO THE SPIRITS IN PRISON, BECAUSE THEY FORMERLY DID NOT OBEY, WHEN GOD’S PATIENCE WAITED IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, WHILE THE ARK WAS BEING PREPARED, IN WHICH A FEW, THAT IS, EIGHT PERSONS, WERE BROUGHT SAFELY THROUGH WATER. BAPTISM, WHICH CORRESPONDS TO THIS, NOW SAVES YOU, NOT AS A REMOVAL OF DIRT FROM THE BODY BUT AS AN APPEAL TO GOD FOR A GOOD CONSCIENCE, THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, WHO HAS GONE INTO HEAVEN AND IS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, WITH ANGELS, AUTHORITIES, AND POWERS HAVING BEEN SUBJECTED TO HIM.