Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
ACTS 2:38-39- AND PETER SAID TO THEM, REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS, AND YOU WILL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. FOR THE PROMISE IS FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND FOR ALL WHO ARE FAR OFF, EVERYONE WHOM THE LORD OUR GOD CALLS TO HIMSELF.