Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
MATTHEW 3:11-12- I BAPTIZE YOU WITH WATER FOR REPENTANCE, BUT HE WHO IS COMING AFTER MEIS MIGHTIER THAN I, WHOSE SANDALS I AM NOT WORTHY TO CARRY. HE WILL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE. HIS WINNOWING FORK IS IN HIS HAND, AND HE WILL CLEAR HIS THRESHING FLOOR AND GATHER HIS WHEAT INTO THE BARN, BUT THE CHAFF HE WILL BURN WITH UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.
LUKE 12:49-50- I CAME TO CAST FIRE ON THE EARTH, AND WOULD THAT IT WERE ALREADY KINDLED! I HAVE BAPTISM TO BE BAPTIZED WITH, AND HOW GREAT IS MY DISTRESS UNTIL IT IS ACCOMPLISHED!
1 CORINTHIANS 3:11-15- FOR NO ONE CAN LAY A FOUNDATION OTHER THAN THAT WHICH IS LAID, WHICH IS JESUS CHRIST. NOW IF ANYONE BUILDS ON THE FOUNDATION WITH GOLD, SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES, WOOD, HAY, STRAW- EACH ONE’S WORK WILL BECOME MANIFEST, FOR THE DAY WILL DISCLOSE IT, BECAUSE IT WILL BE REVEALED BY FIRE, AND THE FIRE WILL TEST WHAT SORT OF WORK EACH ONE HAS DONE. IF THE WORK THAT ANYONE HAS BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION SURVIVES, THEY WILL RECEIVE A REWARD. IF ANYONE’S WORK IS BURNED UP, THEY WILL SUFFER LOSS, THOUGH THEY THEMSELVES WILL BE SAVED, BUT ONLY AS THROUGH FIRE.