Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
MARK 1:8- I BAPTIZE YOU WITH WATER, BUT HE WILL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT.
ACTS 11:16-17- AS I BEGAN TO SPEAK, THE HOLY SPIRIT FELL ON THEM JUST AS ON US AT THE BEGINNING. AND I REMEMBERED THE WORD OF THE LORD, HOW HE SAID, JOHN BAPTIZED WITH WATER, BUT YOU WILL BE BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. IF THEN GOD GAVE THE SAME GIFT TO THEM AS HE GAVE TO US WHEN WE BELIEVED IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO WAS I THAT I COULD STAND IN GOD’S WAY? WHEN THEY HEARD THESE THINGS THEY FELL SILENT, AND THEY GLORIFIED GOD, SAYING, THEN TO THE GENTILES ALSO GOD HAS GRANTED REPENTANCE THAT LEADS TO LIFE.
ACTS 19:1-6- AND IT HAPPENED THAT WHILE APOLLOS WAS AT CORINTH, PAUL PASSED THROUGH THE INLAND COUNTRY AND CAME TO EPHESUS. THERE HE FOUND SOME DISCIPLES. AND HE SAID TO THEM, DID YOU RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT WHEN YOU BELIEVED? AND THEY SAID, NO, WE HAVE NOT EVEN HEARD THAT THERE IS A HOLY SPIRIT. AND HE SAID, INTO WHAT THEN WERE YOU BAPTIZED? THEY SAID, INTO JOHN’S BAPTISM. AND PAUL SAID, JOHN BAPTIZED WITH THE BAPTISM OF REPENTANCE, TELLING THE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN THE ONE WHO WAS TO COME AFTER HIM, THIS IS JESUS. ON HEARING THIS, THEY WERE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS. AND WHEN PAUL HAD LAID HIS HANDS ON THEM, THE HOLY SPIRIT CAME ON THEM, AND THEY BEGAN SPEAKING IN TONGUES AND PROPHESYING.