Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Local- group of Christians who gather regularly with oversight and the purpose of representing Jesus Christ. This is a local congregation who profess faith in Jesus and preach, teach, and take of the flock in Jesus’s name. This is where the sacraments are administered. The church may be a mix of the saved and the unsaved. The church is founded on the past work of Jesus Christ in his death, resurrection and ascension, and we point to the return of Jesus Christ in the future and we seek to live always in love by the power of the Holy Spirit today. Love thy neighbor as ourselves and how Jesus loves us.