Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
EZEKIEL 34:1-10- THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME: SON OF MAN, PROPHESY AGAINST THE SHEPHERDS OF ISRAEL; PROPHESY, AND SAY TO THEM, EVEN TO THE SHEPHERDS, THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: AH, SHEPHERDS OF ISRAEL WHO HAVE BEEN FEEDING YOURSELVES! SHOULD NOT SHEPHERDS FEED THE SHEEP? YOU EAT THE FAT, YOU CLOTHE YOURSELVES WITH THE WOOL, YOU SLAUGHTER THE FAT ONES, BUT YOU DO NOT FEED THE SHEEP. THE WEAK YOU HAVE NOT STRENGTHENED, THE SICK YOU HAVE NOT HEALED, THE INJURED YOU HAVE NOT BROUGHT BACK, THE LOST YOU HAVE NOT SOUGHT, AND WITH FORCE AND HARSHNESS YOU HAVE RULED THEM. SO THEY WERE SCATTERED, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SHEPHERD, AND THEY BECAME FOOD FOR ALL THE WILD BEASTS. MY SHEEP WERE SCATTERED , THEY WANDERED OVER ALL THE MOUNTAINS AND ON EVERY HIGH HILL. MY SHEEP WERE SCATTERED OVER ALL THE FACE OF THE EARTH, WITH NONE TO SEARCH OR SEEK FOR THEM. THEREFORE, YOU SHEPHERDS, HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD: AS I LIVE, DECLARES THE LORD GOD, SURELY BECAUSE MY SHEEP HAVE BECOME A PREY, AND MY SHEEP HAVE BECOME FOOD FOR ALL THE WILD BEASTS, SINCE THERE IS NO SHEPHERD, AND BECAUSE MY SHEPHERDS HAVE NOT SEARCHED FOR MY SHEEP, BUT THE SHEPHERDS HAVE FED THEMSELVES, AND HAVE NOT FED MY SHEEP, THEREFORE, YOU SHEPHERDS, HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD: THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD, BEHOLD, I AM AGAINST THE SHEPHERDS, AND I WILL REQUIRE MY SHEEP AT THEIR HAND AND PUT A STOP TO THEIR FEEDING THE SHEEP. NO LONGER SHALL THE SHEPHERDS FEED THEMSELVES. I WILL RESCUE MY SHEEP FROM THEIR MOUTHS, THAT THEY MAY NOT BE FOOD FOR THEM.
ACTS 20:28-31- PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO YOURSELVES AND TO ALL THE FLOCK, IN WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO CARE FOR THE CHURCH OF GOD, WHICH HE OBTAINED WITH HIS BLOOD. I KNOW THAT AFTER MY DEPARTURE FIERCE WOLVES WILL COME IN AMONG YOU, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK; AND FROM AMONG YOUR OWN SELVES WILL ARISE HUMANS SPEAKING TWISTED THINGS, TO DRAW AWAY THE DISCIPLES AFTER THEM. THEREFORE BE ALERT, REMEMBERING THAT FOR THREE YEARS I DID NOT CEASE NIGHT OR DAY TO ADMONISH EVERY ONE WITH TEARS.