Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Fellowship- 1 Corinthians 1:9-10
1 CORINTHIANS 1:9-10- GOD IS FAITHFUL, BY WHOM YOU WERE CALLED INTO THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD. I APPEAL TO YOU, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, BY THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THAT ALL OF YOU AGREE, AND THAT THERE BE NO DIVISIONS AMONG YOU, BUT THAT YOU BE UNITED IN THE SAME MIND AND SAME JUDGMENT.