Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
ISAIAH 56:9-12- ALL THE BEASTS OF THE FEILD, COME TO DEVOUR- ALL YOU BEASTS IN THE FOREST. HIS WATCHMAN ARE BLIND; THEY ARE WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE; THEY ARE ALL SILENT DOGS; THEY CANNOT BARK, DREAMING, LYING DOWN, LOVING TO SLUMBER. THE DOGS HAVE A MIGHTY APPETITE; THEY NEVER HAVE ENOUGH. BUT THEY ARE SHEPHERDS WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING; THEY HAVE ALL TURNED TO THEIR OWN WAY, EACH TO THEIR OWN GAIN, ONE AND ALL. COME, THEY SAY, LET ME GET WINE; LET US FILL OURSELVES WITH STRONG DRINK; AND TOMORROW WILL BE LIKE THIS DAY, GREAT BEYOND MEASURE.