Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
The Body of Christ and the World
We are Citizens of Heaven and Separate from the World!
A Follower of Jesus
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
4. Matthew 7:21-27
MATTHEW 7:21-27- NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS TO ME, LORD, LORD, WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, BUT THE ONE WHO DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN. ON THAT DAY MANY WILL SAY TO ME, LORD, LORD, DID WE NOT PROPHESY IN YOUR NAME, AND CAST OUT DEMONS IN YOUR NAME, AND DO MANY MIGHTY WORKS IN YOUR NAME? AND THEN WILL I DECLARE TO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS. EVERYONE THEN WHO HEARS THESE WORDS OF MINE AND DOES THEM WILL BE LIKE A WISE MAN WHO BUILT THERE HOUSE ON THE ROCK. AND THEN THE RAIN FELL, AND THE FLOODS CAME, AND THE WINDS BLEW AND BEAT ON THAT HOUSE, BUT IT DID NOT FALL, BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN FOUNDED ON THE ROCK. AND EVERYONE WHO HEARS THESE WORDS OF MINE AND DOES NOT DO THEM WOL BE LIKE A FOOLISH PERSON WHO BUILT THEIR HOUSE ON THE SAND. AND THE RAIN FELL, AND THE FLOODS CAME, AND THE WIND BLEW AND BEAT AGAINST THE HOUSE, AND IT FELL, AND GREAT WAS THE FALL OF IT.