Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
5. One Body with Many Members- 1 Corinthians 12:12-30
1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-30- FOR JUST AS THE BODY IS ONE AND HAS MANY MEMBERS, AND ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE BODY, THOUGH MANY, ARE ONE BODY, SO IT IS WITH CHRIST. FOR IN ONE HOLY SPIRIT WE ARE ALL BAPTIZED INTO ONE BODY- JEWS OR GREEKS, SLAVES OR FREE- AND ALL WERE MADE TO DRINK ONE HOLY SPIRIT. FOR THE BODY DOES NOT CONSIST OF ONE MEMBER BUT OF MANY. IF THE FOOT SHOULD SAY, BECAUSE I AM NOT A HAND, I DO NOT BELONG TO THE BODY, THAT WOULD NOT MAKE IT ANY LESS PART OF THE BODY. AND IF THE EAR SHOULD SAY, BECAUSE I AM NOT AN EYE, I DO NOT BELONG TO THE BODY, THAT WOULD NOT MAKE IT ANY LESS PART OF THE BODY. IF THE WHOLE BODY WERE AN EYE, WHERE WOULD BE THE SENSE OF HEARING? IF THE WHOLE BODY WERE AN EAR, WHERE WOULD BE THE SENSE OF SMELL? BUT AS IT IS, GOD HAS ARRANGED THE MEMBERS IN THE BODY, EACH OF THEM, AS HE CHOSE. IF ALL WERE A SINGLE MEMBER, WHERE WOULD THE BODY BE? AS IT IS, THERE ARE MANY PARTS, YET ONE BODY. THE EYE CANNOT SAY TO THE HAND, I HAVE NO NEED OF YOU, NOR AGAIN THE HEAD TO THE FEET, I HAVE NOT NEED OF YOU. ON THE CONTRARY, THE PARTS OF THE BODY THAT SEEM TO BE WEAKER ARE INDISPENSABLE, AND ON THOSE PARTS OF THE BODY THAT WE THINK LESS HONORABLE WE BESTOW THE GREATER HONOR, AND OUR UNPRESENTABLE PARTS ARE TREATED WITH GREATER MODESTY, WHICH OUR MORE PRESENTABLE DO NOT REQUIRE. BUT GOD HAS SO COMPOSED THE BODY, GIVING GREATER HONOR TO THE PARTS THAT LACKED IT, THAT THERE MAY BE NO DIVISION IN THE BODY, BUT THAT THE MEMBERS MAY HAVE THE SAME CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER. IF ONE MEMBER SUFFERS, ALL SUFFER TOGETHER; IF ONE MEMBER IS HONORED, ALL REJOICE TOGETHER. NOW YOU ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST AND INDIVIDUALLY MEMBERS OF IT. AND GOD HAS APPOINTED IN THE CHURCH FIRST APOSTLES, SECOND PROPHETS, THIRD TEACHERS, THEN MIRACLES, THEN GIFTS OF HEALING, HELPING, ADMINISTRATING, AND VARIOUS KINDS OF TONGUES. ARE ALL APOSTLES? ARE ALL PROPHETS? ARE ALL TEACHERS? DO ALL WORK MIRACLES? DO ALL POSSESS GIFTS OF HEALING? DO ALL SPEAK IN TONGUES? DO ALL INTERPRET? BUT EARNESTLY DESIRE THE HIGHER GIFTS.