Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
2. Parable of the Sower- Luke 8:4-15
LUKE 8:4-15- AND WHEN A GREAT CROWD WAS GATHERING AND PEOPLE FROM TOWN AFTER TOWN CAME TO HIM, HE SAID IN A PARABLE, A SOWER WENT OUT TO SOW THEIR SEED. AND AS THEY SOWED, SOME FELL ALONG THE PATH AND WAS TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT, AND THE BIRDS OF THE AIR DEVOURED IT. AND SOME FELL ON THE ROCK, AND AS IT GREW UP, IT WITHERED AWAY, BECAUSE IT HAD NO MOISTURE. AND SOME FELL AMONG THORNS, AND THE THORNS GREW UP WITH IT AND CHOKED IT. AND SOME FELL INTO GOOD SOIL AND GREW AND YIELDED A HUNDREDFOLD. AS HE SAID THESE THINGS, HE CALLED OUT, THEY WHO HAVE EARS TO HEAR, LET THEM HEAR. AND WHEN HIS DISCIPLES ASKED HIM WHAT THIS PARABLE MEANT, HE SAID, TO YOU IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO KNOW THE SECRETS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, BUT FOR OTHERS THEY ARE IN PARABLES, SO THAT SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. NOW THE PARABLE IS THIS: THE SEED IS THE WORD OF GOD. THE ONES ALONG THE PATH ARE THOSE WHO HAVE HEARD; THEN THE DEVIL COMES AND TAKES AWAY THE WORD FROM THIER HEARTS, SO THAT THEY MAY NOT BELIEVE AND BE SAVED. AND THE ONES ON THE ROCK ARE THOSE WHO, WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD, RECEIVE IT WITH JOY. BUT THESE HAVE NO ROOT; THEY BELIEVE FOR A WHILE, AND IN TIME OF TESTING FALL AWAY. AND AS FOR WHAT FELL ON THE THORNS, THEY ARE THOSE WHO HEAR, BUT AS THEY GO ON THEIR WAY THEY ARE CHOKED BY THE CARES AND RICHES AND PLEASURES OF LIFE, AND THEIR FRUITS DOES NOT MATURE. AS FOR THAT IN THE GOOD SOIL, THEY ARE THOSE WHO, HEARING THE WORD, HOLD IT FAST IN AN HONEST AND GOOD HEART, AND BEAR FRUIT WITH PATIENCE.