Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
3. Parable of the Weeds- Matthew 13:24-30
MATTHEW 13:24-30- HE PUT ANOTHER PARABLE BEFORE THEM, SAYING, THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN MAY BE COMPARED TO A HUMAN WHO SOWED GOOD SEED IN THEIR FIELD, BUT WHILE HIS PEOPLE WERE SLEEPING, THE ENEMY CAME AND SOWED WEEDS AMONG THE WHEAT AND WENT AWAY. SO WHEN THE PLANTS CAME UP AND BORE GRAIN, THEN THE WEEDS APPEARED ALSO. AND THE SERVANTS OF THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE CAME AND SAID TO THE MASTER, DID YOU NOT SOW GOOD SEED IN YOUR FIELD? HOW THEN DOES IT HAVE WEEDS? THE MASTER SAID TO THEM, AN ENEMY HAS DONE THIS. SO THE SERVANTS SAID TO THE MASTER, THEN DO YOU WANT US TO GO AND GATHER THEM? BUT THE MASTER SAID, NO, LEST IN GATHERING THE WEEDS YOU ROOT UP THE WHEAT ALONG WITH THEM. LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST, AND AT HARVEST TIME I WILL TELL THE REAPERS, GATHER THE WEEDS FIRST AND BIND THEM IN BUNDLES TO BE BURNED, BUT GATHER THE WHEAT INTO MY BARN.