Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Proclaiming the Kingdom of God- Acts 20:24-31
ACTS 20:24-31- BUT I DO NOT ACCOUNT MY LIFE OF ANY VALUE NOR AS PRECIOUS TO MYSELF, IF ONLY I MAY FINISH MY COURSE AND THE MINISTRY THAT I RECEIVED FROM THE LORD JESUS, TO TESTIFY TO THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD. AND NOW BEHOLD, I KNOW THAT NONE OF YOU AMONG WHOM I HAVE GONE ABOUT PROCLAIMING THE KINGDOM WILL SEE MY FACE AGAIN. THEREFORE I TESTIFY TO YOU THIS DAY THAT I AM INNOCENT OF THE BLOOD OF ALL, FOR I DID NOT SHRINK FROM DECLARING TO YOU THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD. PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO YOURSELVES AND TO ALL THE FLOCK, IN WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO CARE FOR THE CHURCH OF GOD, WHICH HE OBTAINED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD. I KNOW THAT AFTER MY DEPARTURE FIERCE WOLVES WILL COME IN AMONG YOU, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK; AND FROM AMONG YOU, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK; AND FROM AMONG YOUR OWN SELVES WILL ARISE HUMANS SPEAKING TWISTED THINGS, TO DRAW AWAY THE DISCIPLES AFTER THEM. THEREFORE, BE ALERT.