Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Helpful guidelines for the Body of Christ today.
A look at what a Christian in the Body of Christ does and doesn’t do.
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
A Follower of Jesus
5. Deeper Understanding of the Remnant
ROMAN 11:1-5- I ASK, THEN, HAS GOD REJECTED HIS PEOPLE? BY NO MEANS! FOR I MYSELF AM AN ISRAELITE, A DESCENDANT OF ABRAHAM, A MEMBER OF THE TRIBE OF BENJAMIN. GOD HAS NOT REJECTED HIS PEOPLE WHOM HE FOREKNEW. DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS OF ELIJAH, HOW HE APPEALS TO GOD AGAINST ISRAEL? LORD, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE DEMOLISHED YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY SEEK MY LIFE. BUT WHAT IS GOD’S REPLY TO HIM? I HAVE KEPT FOR MYSELF SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL. SO TOO AT THE PRESENT TIME THERE IS A REMNANT, CHOSEN BY GRACE.
1 KINGS 19:9-18
ROMANS 9:27-28- AND ISAIAH CRIES OUT CONCERNING ISRAEL: THROUGH THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, ONLY A REMNANT OF THEM WILL BE SAVED, FOR THE LORD WILL CARRY OUT HIS SENTENCE UPON THE EARTH FULLY AND WITHOUT DELAY.
ISAIAH 10:20-23- IN THAT DAY THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL AND THE SURVIVORS OF THE HOUSE OF JACOB WILL NO MORE LEAN ON HIM WHO STRUCK THEM, BUT WILL LEAN ON THE LORD, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, IN TRUTH. A REMNANT WILL RETURN, THE REMNANT OF JACOB, TO THE MIGHTY GOD. FOR THOUGH YOUR PEOPLE ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, ONLY A REMNANT OF THEM WILL RETURN. DESTRUCTION IS DECREED, OVERFLOWING WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS. FOR THE LORD GOD OF HOSTS WILL MAKE A FULL END, AS DECREED, IN THE MIDST OF ALL THE EARTH.
MICAH 7:18- WHO IS A GOD LIKE YOU, PARDONING INIQUITY AND PASSING OVER TRANSGRESSION FOR THE REMNANT OF HIS INHERITANCE?