Welcome to the church or the Body of Christ!
A. Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
B. Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
C. The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
Washing away our sins by Jesus Christ.
- 1. The Baptism of Jesus- Matthew 3:13-17/Mark 1:9-11/John 1:29-34
- 2. Baptism for the remission of sins- Acts 2:38-39
- 3. Appeal to God for a good conscience- 1 Peter 3:18-22
- 4. Baptized into Jesus Christ- Romans 6:1-5
- 5. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Mark 1:8/Acts 19:1-6
- 6. Baptism of Fire- Matthew 3:11-12/Luke 12:49-50/1 Corinthians 3:11-15
Lord’s Supper- Fellowship of the participants with Jesus Christ.
F. SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- 1. Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- 2. Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- 3. Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- 4. Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- 5. Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- 6. Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- 7. Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- 8. Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
G. Church Discipline
What does the Lord require of us with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
The Body of Christ and the World
We are Citizens of Heaven and Separate from the World!
A Follower of Jesus
The Lord favors the Humble.
The Lord invites us to his Sabbath Rest.
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
2. Temples of the Living God- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18- DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS. FOR WHAT PARTNERSHIP HAS RIGHTEOUSNESS WITH LAWLESSNESS? OR WHAT FELLOWSHIP HAS LIGHT WITH DARKNESS? WHAT ACCORD HAS CHRIST WITH BELIAL? OF WHAT PORTION DOES A BELIEVER SHARE WITH AN UNBELIEVER? WHAT AGREEMENT HAS THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS? FOR WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD; AS GOD SAID, I WILL MAKE MY DWELLING AMONG THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. THEREFORE GO OUT FROM THEIR MIDST, AND BE SEPARATE FROM THEM, SAYS THE LORD, AND TOUCH NO UNCLEAN THING; THEN I WILL WELCOME YOU, AND I WILL BE A FATHER TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL BE SONS AND DAUGHTERS TO ME, SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY.