Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Temples of the Living God- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18- DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS. FOR WHAT PARTNERSHIP HAS RIGHTEOUSNESS WITH LAWLESSNESS? OR WHAT FELLOWSHIP HAS LIGHT WITH DARKNESS? WHAT ACCORD HAS CHRIST WITH BELIAL? OF WHAT PORTION DOES A BELIEVER SHARE WITH AN UNBELIEVER? WHAT AGREEMENT HAS THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS? FOR WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD; AS GOD SAID, I WILL MAKE MY DWELLING AMONG THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. THEREFORE GO OUT FROM THEIR MIDST, AND BE SEPARATE FROM THEM, SAYS THE LORD, AND TOUCH NO UNCLEAN THING; THEN I WILL WELCOME YOU, AND I WILL BE A FATHER TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL BE SONS AND DAUGHTERS TO ME, SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY.