Local and/or Visible Church
This is our local and visible church.
Universal and/or Invisible Church
Concept that the elect are all in the invisible church that only God knows. Points of contention on the name and meaning.
The Beginning (The Day of Pentecost)- Acts 2
The beginning of the Church (the Body of Christ).
SHEPHERDS: Pastors, Elders, Overseers, and Deacons
- Judged with greater strictness- James 3:1
- Shepherd the Flock of God- 1 Peter 5:1-10
- Ministry of Apostles- 1 Corinthians 4:1-6
- Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons- 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
- Warnings for Shepherds- Ezekiel 34:1-10/Acts 20:28-31
- Irresponsible Leaders- Isaiah 56:9-12
- Jesus’s Word to the Shepherds of his time- Matthew 23:1-36
The End of the Church
End of the Church Age.
Qualifications for Elders- Titus 1:5-10
TITUS 1:5-10- THIS IS WHY I LEFT YOU IN CRETE, SO THAT YOU MIGHT PUT WHAT REMAINED INTO ORDER, AND APPOINT ELDERS IN EVERY TOWN AS I DIRECTED YOU- IF ANYONE IS ABOVE REPROACH, THE SPOUSE OF ONE, AND THEIR CHILDREN ARE BELIEVERS AND NOT OPEN TO THE CHARGE OF DEBAUCHERY OR INSUBORDINATION. FOR AN OVERSEER, AS GOD’S STEWARD, MUST BE ABOVE REPROACH. THEY MUST NOT BE ARROGANT OR QUICK-TEMPERED OR A DRUNKARD OF VIOLENT OR GREEDY FOR GAIN, BUT HOSPITABLE, A LOVER OF GOOD, SELF-CONTROLLED, UPRIGHT, HOLY, AND DISCIPLINED. THEY MUST HOLD FIRM TO THE TRUSTWORTHY WORD AS TAUGHT, SO THAT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE INSTRUCTION IN SOUND DOCTRINE AND ALSO TO REBUKE THOSE WHO CONTRADICT IT. FOR THERE ARE MANY WHO ARE INSUBORDINATE, EMPTY TALKERS, AND DECEIVERS.