This section looks at the Holy Spirit and how important the Spirit is in our daily lives. Life by the Spirit is a glorious gift. We will look at the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity and equal to the Father and Son. We currently live in the Age of the Holy Spirit. THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS. FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE HAS SET YOU FREE IN CHRIST JESUS FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. FOR GOD HAS DONE WHAT THE LAW, WEAKENED BY THE FLESH, COULD NOT DO. BY SENDING HIS OWN SON IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH AND FOR SIN, HE CONDEMNED SIN IN THE FLESH, IN ORDER THAT THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, WHO WALK NOT ACCORDING TO THE FLESH BUT ACCORDING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT. FOR THOSE WHO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE FLESH SET THIER MINDS ON THINGS OF THE FLESH, BUT THOSE WHO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT SET THEIR MINDS ON THINGS OF THE SPIRIT. FOR TO SET THEIR MIND ON THE FLESH IS DEATH, BUT TO SET THE MIND ON THE HOLY SPIRIT IS LIFE AND PEACE. FOR THE MIND THAT IS SET ON THE FLESH IS HOSTILE TO GOD, FOR IT DOES NOT SUBMIT TO GOD’S LAW; INDEED, IT CANNOT. THOSE WHO ARE IN THE FLESH CANNOT PLEASE GOD. YOU, HOWEVER, ARE NOT IN THE FLESH BUT IN THE HOLY SPIRIT, IF IN FACT THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLS IN YOU. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST DOES NOT BELONG TO HIM. BUT IF CHRIST IS IN YOU, ALTHOUGH THE BODY IS DEAD BECAUSE OF SIN, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS LIFE BECAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. IF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF HIM WHO RAISED CHRIST JESUS FROM THE DEAD WILL ALSO GIVE LIFE TO YOUR MORTAL BODIES THROUGH HIS HOLY SPIRIT WHO DWELLS IN YOU. ROMANS 8:1-11
A. The Holy Spirit
We are currently living in the age of the Holy Spirit!
- 1. AGE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT- John 14:15-17, 25-29
- 2. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Matthew 3:11/John 1:29-34/Acts 19:1-6
- 3. The Holy Spirit is the Author of Scripture- 2 Peter 1:20-21
- 4. Wisdom from the Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
- 5. One Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- 6. The Holy Spirit is the Restrainer- 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
- 7. New Covenant with the Holy Spirit- Jeremiah 31:31-34/Ezekiel 36:25-29/Luke 22:14-20/Hebrews 9:11-22/Hebrews 10:12-18/Romans 8:1-30/2 Corinthians 3
B. Gifts, Fruits, Promise, and living with the Holy Spirit
A deeper look into the Holy Spirit.
C. We do not want to Grieve, Quench, or Blasphemy the Holy Spirit
We don’t want to forget this.
D. The Holy Spirit of Truth
Let’s take a deeper look into the Holy Spirit of Truth!
E. The Holy Spirit dwells inside you!
What does this mean?
Gift from Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit!
- 1. Our Lord Jesus gives Grace to the Humble- James 4:5-10
- 2. Grace is given according to the measure of Christ’s gift- Ephesians 1:7/4:7
- 3. Excel in the act of Grace by genuine Love- 2 Corinthians 8:7-9
- 4. Grace abounds in weakness by the Power of Jesus- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- 5. Jesus draws us near to the Throne of Grace- Hebrews 4:14-16
Books on the Atonement.