A. The Holy Spirit
We are currently living in the age of the Holy Spirit!
- 1. AGE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT- John 14:15-17, 25-29
- 2. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Matthew 3:11/John 1:29-34/Acts 19:1-6
- 3. The Holy Spirit is the Author of Scripture- 2 Peter 1:20-21
- 4. Wisdom from the Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
- 5. One Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- 6. The Holy Spirit is the Restrainer- 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
- 7. New Covenant with the Holy Spirit- Jeremiah 31:31-34/Ezekiel 36:25-29/Luke 22:14-20/Hebrews 9:11-22/Hebrews 10:12-18/Romans 8:1-30/2 Corinthians 3
B. Gifts, Fruits, Promise, and living with the Holy Spirit
A deeper look into the Holy Spirit.
C. We do not want to Lie to, Grieve, Quench, or Blasphemy the Holy Spirit
We don’t want to forget this.
D. The Holy Spirit of Truth
Let’s take a deeper look into the Holy Spirit of Truth!
E. The Holy Spirit dwells inside you!
What does this mean?
Gift from Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit!
- 1. Our Lord Jesus gives Grace to the Humble- James 4:5-10
- 2. Grace is given according to the measure of Christ’s gift- Ephesians 1:7/4:7
- 3. Excel in the act of Grace by genuine Love- 2 Corinthians 8:7-9
- 4. Grace abounds in weakness by the Power of Jesus- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- 5. Jesus draws us near to the Throne of Grace- Hebrews 4:14-16
Books on the Atonement.
4. Holy Spirit thought is different than human thought- 1 Corinthians 2:9-16
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