A. The Holy Spirit
We are currently living in the age of the Holy Spirit!
- 1. AGE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT- John 14:15-17, 25-29
- 2. Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Matthew 3:11/John 1:29-34/Acts 19:1-6
- 3. The Holy Spirit is the Author of Scripture- 2 Peter 1:20-21
- 4. Wisdom from the Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
- 5. One Holy Spirit- 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- 6. The Holy Spirit is the Restrainer- 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
- 7. New Covenant with the Holy Spirit- Jeremiah 31:31-34/Ezekiel 36:25-29/Luke 22:14-20/Hebrews 9:11-22/Hebrews 10:12-18/Romans 8:1-30/2 Corinthians 3
B. Gifts, Fruits, Promise, and living with the Holy Spirit
A deeper look into the Holy Spirit.
C. We do not want to Lie to, Grieve, Quench, or Blasphemy the Holy Spirit
We don’t want to forget this.
D. The Holy Spirit of Truth
Let’s take a deeper look into the Holy Spirit of Truth!
E. The Holy Spirit dwells inside you!
What does this mean?
Gift from Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit!
- 1. Our Lord Jesus gives Grace to the Humble- James 4:5-10
- 2. Grace is given according to the measure of Christ’s gift- Ephesians 1:7/4:7
- 3. Excel in the act of Grace by genuine Love- 2 Corinthians 8:7-9
- 4. Grace abounds in weakness by the Power of Jesus- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- 5. Jesus draws us near to the Throne of Grace- Hebrews 4:14-16
Books on the Atonement.
3. Grieving the Holy Spirit- Ephesians 4:25-32
EPHESIANS 4:25-32- THEREFORE, HAVING PUT AWAY FALSEHOOD, LET EACH ONE OF YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH WITH THEIR NEIGHBOR, FOR WE ARE MEMBERS ONE OF ANOTHER. BE ANGRY AND DO NOT SIN; DO NOT LET THE SUN DO DOWN ON YOUR ANGER, AND GIVE NO OPPORTUNITY TO THE DEVIL. LET THE THIEF NO LONGER STEAL, BUT RATHER LET THEM LABOR, DOING HONEST WORK WITH THEIR OWN HANDS, SO THAT THEY MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE WITH ANYONE IN NEED. LET NO CORRUPTING TALK COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS, BUT ONLY SUCH AS IS GOOD FOR BUILDING UP, AS FITS THE OCCASION, THAT IT MAY GIVE GRACE TO THOSE WHO HEAR. AND DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD! BY WHOM YOU WERE SEALED FOR THE DAY OF REDEMPTION. LET ALL BITTERNESS AND WRATH AND ANGER AND CLAMOR AND SLANDER BE PUT AWAY FROM YO, ALONG WITH ALL MALICE. BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER, TENDERHEARTED, FORGIVING ONE ANOTHER, AS GOD IN CHRIST FORGAVE YOU.