Welcome to learning about the Person of Jesus Christ! Praise the Lord!
B. Jesus Christ
This is Jesus, our Lord and Savior!
- 1. Pre-existence of Jesus Christ- John 1:1-5/ John 8:58/Colossians 1:17-19/ Hebrews 7:3/ Revelations 22:13
- 2. Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ- Matthew 1:18-23/ Luke 1:26-38/ Isaiah 7:14
- 3. Jesus the Messiah
- 4. Jesus as our Mediator- Hebrews 8:6,9:15,12:24/1 Timothy 2:5
- 5. Jesus the Lamb
- 6. Jesus the Lion
- 7. JESUS a Word story
C. Jesus is the Light of the world!
Jesus the light shines in darkness and so let your light for Jesus shine bright. Walk in the Light!
- 1. The Lord is our Light- Psalm 27:1
- 2. The Light has now dawned- Matthew 4:16-17
- 3. In Jesus, we have the Light of Light- John 8:12
- 4. God is Light- 1 John 1:5-10
- 5. Believe in the Light and become Sons of Light- John 12:35-36
- 6. Let your Light shine before others- Matthew 5:14-16
- 7. For the Glory of God gives all Light- Revelations 21:22-27
D. JESUS- Life and Lessons
Learning in Jesus and Living with Jesus.
E. Love of Christ
Jesus Christ loves us!
F. Bearing Fruit for our Lord Jesus Christ
We are to bear fruit for our Lord Jesus every day!
Books on the Incarnation.
2. INCARNATION- John 1:14/John 1:1-5
Definition- The belief that Jesus Christ, the second person of the trinity (Son of God; logos), was made flesh by being conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary. Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human.
JOHN 1:14- AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE HAVE SEEN HIS GLORY, GLORY AS OF THE ONLY SON FROM THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
Jesus dwelt among us.
JOHN 1:1-5- IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. HE WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. ALL THINGS WERE MADE THROUGH HIM, AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. IN HIM WAS LIFE, AND THE LIFE WAS THE LIGHT OF HUMANS. THE LIGHT SHINES IN THE DARKNESS, AND THE DARKNESS HAS NOT OVERCOME IT.
Everything that was made is made by Jesus. He is the only life. The light of the world.
HEBREWS 2:14-18- SINCE THEREFORE THE CHILDREN SHARE IN FLESH AND BLOOD, HE HIMSELF LIKEWISE PARTOOK OF THE SAME THINGS, THAT THROUGH DEATH HE MIGHT DESTROY THE ONE WHO HAS THE POWER OF DEATH, THAT IS, THE DEVIL, AND DELIVER ALL THOSE WHO THROUGH FEAR OF DEATH WERE SUBJECT TO LIFELONG SLAVERY. FOR SURELY IT IS NOT ANGELS THAT HE HELPS, BUT HE HELPS THE OFFSPRING OF ABRAHAM. THEREFORE HE HAD TO BE MADE LIKE HIS BROTHERS IN EVERY RESPECT, SO THAT HE MIGHT BECOME A MERCIFUL AND FAITHFUL HIGH PRIEST IN THE SERVICE OF GOD, TO MAKE PROPITIATION FOR THE SINS OF THE PEOPLE. FOR BECAUSE HE HIMSELF HAS SUFFERED WHEN TEMPTED, HE IS ABLE TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE BEING TEMPTED.
GALATIANS 4:4- BUT WHEN THE FULLNESS OF TIME HAD COME, GOD SENT FORTH HIS SON, BORN OF WOMAN, BORN UNDER THE LAW.
ROMANS 8:3-4- FOR GOD HAS DONE WHAT THE LAW, WEAKENED BY THE FLESH, COULD NOT DO. BY SENDING HIS OWN SON IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH AND FOR SIN, HE CONDEMNED SIN IN THE FLESH, IN ORDER THAT THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, WHO WALKS NOT ACCORDING TO THE FLESH BUT ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.