Welcome to our brother Paul’s biblical theology on life in Christ.
What does and infant Christian look like and how do they act? The Bible verses are meant to be read out loud and simple commentary follows each section.
- MOUTH- Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 3:13-14, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 4:6, James 3:1-12
- IDOLATRY- Colossians 3:5-10, 1 Corinthians 10:6-14, 1 Timothy 6:7-10
- FLESH- Galatians 5:16-21, Galatians 6:7-8, James 4:1-12
- INFANT CHRISTIAN- 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, Hebrews 5:11-14, Ephesians 4:14
- Old Self- Romans 6:6/Ephesians 4:22
What does a mature Christian look like and how do we act?
- UNITY- 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:11-13, John 17:23, Colossians 3:13-15
- SPIRIT- Galatians 5:22-26, Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Romans 8:1-11
- HEART- Ezekiel 36:25-27/Psalm 51:10-12/Philippians 4:7
- TRUE CHRISTIAN- Romans 12:9-21
- MATURE CHRISTIAN- Ephesians 4:11-16, Philippians 3:13-15, Colossians 1:28
- NEW SELF- Ephesians 4:24-32/Colossians 3:1-17
New Creation in Christ- 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a New Creation!
It is easier to think of works than the word law.
A Gift from GOD.
Christ has set us free!
- Christ Has Set You Free- Galatians 5:1,13-14
- Temple of the Holy Spirit within You- 1 Corinthians 6:12, 19-20
- Freely serving God- 1 Peter 2:16
- Slaves to God- Romans 6:15-23
- Bought with a Price- 1 Corinthians 7:23-24/1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- The Believers Freedom- 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
- Jesus Word- John 8:31-38
Complete Reconciliation by Christ!
Take Heart, for our Lord Jesus has overcome the world!
Working for Jesus Christ!
Citizens of Heaven
Our Citizenship is already in Heaven!
We are heirs!
Everything done in Love.
The Kingdom of GOD
Welcome to the Kingdom of God.
FLESH- Galatians 5:16-21, Galatians 6:7-8, James 4:1-12
BUT I SAY, WALK BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND YOU WILL NOT GRATIFY THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH. FOR THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH ARE AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND THE DESIRES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE AGAINST THE FLESH, FOR THESE ARE OPPOSED TO EACH OTHER, TO KEEP YOU FROM DOING THE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO. BUT IF YOU ARE LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW. NOW THE WORKS OF THE FLESH ARE EVIDENT: SEXUAL IMMORALITY, IMPURITY, SENSUALITY, IDOLATRY, SORCERY, ENMITY, STRIFE, JEALOUSY, FITS OF ANGER, RIVALRIES, DISSENSIONS, DIVISIONS, ENVY, DRUNKENNESS, ORGIES, AND THINGS LIKE THESE. I WARN YOU, AS I WARNED YOU BEFORE, THAT THOSE WHO DO SUCH THINGS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD. GALATIANS 5:16-21
The Spirit is opposed to the flesh. Identify which work of the flesh is or has been a problem with us?
DO NOT BE DECEIVED: GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FOR WHATEVER ONE SOWS, THEY WILL ALSO REAP. FOR THE ONE WHO SOWS TO THEIR OWN FLESH WILL FROM THE FLESH REAP CORRUPTION, BUT THE ONE WHO SOWS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT REAP ETERNAL LIFE. GALATIANS 6:7-8
What we sow is what we reap. Sowing flesh reaps corruption and sowing Spirit reaps eternal life. Choose the Holy Spirit!
WHAT CAUSES QUARRELS AND WHAT CAUSES FIGHTS AMONG YOU? IS IT NOT THIS, THAT YOUR PASSIONS ARE AT WAR WITHIN YOU? YOU DESIRE AND DO NOT HAVE, SO YOU MURDER. YOU COVET AND CANNOT OBTAIN, SO YOU FIGHT AND QUARREL. YOU DO NOT HAVE, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT ASK. YOU ASK AND DO NOT RECEIVE, BECAUSE YOU ASK WRONGLY, TO SPEND IT ON YOUR PASSIONS. YOU ADULTEROUS PEOPLE! DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT FRIENDSHIP WITH THE WORLD IS ENMITY WITH GOD? THEREFORE WHOEVER WISHES TO BE A FRIEND OF THE WORLD MAKES THEMSELVES AN ENEMY OF GOD. OR DO YOU SUPPOSE IT IS TO NO PURPOSE THAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS, HE YEARNS JEALOUSLY OVER THE SPIRIT THAT HE MADE DWELL IN US? BUT HE GIVES MORE GRACE. THEREFORE IT SAYS, GOD OPPOSES THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. SUBMIT YOURSELVES THEREFORE TO GOD. RESIST THE DEVIL, AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU. DRAW NEAR TO GOD, AND HE WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU. CLEANSE YOUR HANDS, YOU SINNERS, AND PURIFY YOUR HEARTS, YOU DOUBLE-MINDED. BE WRETCHED AND MOURN AND WEEP. LET YOUR LAUGHTER BE TURNED TO MOURNING AND YOUR JOY TO GLOOM. HUMBLE YOURSELVES BEFORE THE LORD, AND HE WILL EXALY YOU. DO NOT SPEAK EVIL AGAINST ONE ANOTHER, BROTHERS AND SISTERS. THE ONE WHO SPEAKS AGAINST A BROTHER OR SISTER OR JUDGES HIS BROTHER OF SISTER, SPEAKS EVIL AGAINST THE LAW AND JUDGES THE LAW. BUT IF YOU JUDGE THE LAW, YOU ARE NOT A DOER OF THE LAW BUT A JUDGE. THERE IS ONLY ONE LAWGIVER AND JUDGE, HE WHO IS ABLE TO SAVE AND TO DESTROY. BUT WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE YOUR NEIGHBOR? JAMES 4:1-12
Are your passions at war within you? Humble yourself before the Lord and submit yourself to Jesus. Jesus already knows everything about you. Be honest with him! Let’s look now at the infant Christian. We have all been one at one time.