Welcome to our brother Paul’s biblical theology on life in Christ.
What does and infant Christian look like and how do they act? The Bible verses are meant to be read out loud and simple commentary follows each section.
- MOUTH- Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 3:13-14, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 4:6, James 3:1-12
- IDOLATRY- Colossians 3:5-10, 1 Corinthians 10:6-14, 1 Timothy 6:7-10
- FLESH- Galatians 5:16-21, Galatians 6:7-8, James 4:1-12
- INFANT CHRISTIAN- 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, Hebrews 5:11-14, Ephesians 4:14
- Old Self- Romans 6:6/Ephesians 4:22
What does a mature Christian look like and how do we act?
- UNITY- 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:11-13, John 17:23, Colossians 3:13-15
- SPIRIT- Galatians 5:22-26, Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Romans 8:1-11
- HEART- Ezekiel 36:25-27/Psalm 51:10-12/Philippians 4:7
- TRUE CHRISTIAN- Romans 12:9-21
- MATURE CHRISTIAN- Ephesians 4:11-16, Philippians 3:13-15, Colossians 1:28
- NEW SELF- Ephesians 4:24-32/Colossians 3:1-17
New Creation in Christ- 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a New Creation!
It is easier to think of works than the word law.
A Gift from GOD.
Christ has set us free!
- Christ Has Set You Free- Galatians 5:1,13-14
- Temple of the Holy Spirit within You- 1 Corinthians 6:12, 19-20
- Freely serving God- 1 Peter 2:16
- Slaves to God- Romans 6:15-23
- Bought with a Price- 1 Corinthians 7:23-24/1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- The Believers Freedom- 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
- Jesus Word- John 8:31-38
Complete Reconciliation by Christ!
Take Heart, for our Lord Jesus has overcome the world!
Working for Jesus Christ!
Citizens of Heaven
Our Citizenship is already in Heaven!
We are heirs!
Everything done in Love.
The Kingdom of GOD
Welcome to the Kingdom of God.
IDOLATRY- Colossians 3:5-10, 1 Corinthians 10:6-14, 1 Timothy 6:7-10
PUT TO DEATH THEREFORE WHAT IS EARTHLY IN YOU: SEXUAL IMMORALITY,IMPURITY, PASSION, EVIL DESIRE, AND COVETOUSNESS, WHICH IS IDOLATRY. ON ACCOUNT OF THESE THE WRATH OF GOD IS COMING. IN THESE YOU TOO ONCE WALKED, WHEN YOU WERE LIVING IN THEM. BUT NOW YOU MUST PUT THEM ALL AWAY: ANGER, WRATH, MALICE, SLANDER, AND OBSCENE TALK FROM YOUR MOUTH. DO NOT LIE TO ONE ANOTHER, SEEING THAT YOU HAVE PUT OFF THE OLD SELF WITH ITS PRACTICES AND PUT ON THE NEW SELF, WHICH IS BEING RENEWED IN KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE IMAGE OF ITS CREATOR. COLOSSIANS 3:5-10
Idolatry is covetousness. Do not lie to one another. Put on your new self.
NOW THESE THINGS TOOK PLACE AS EXAMPLES FOR US, THAT WE MIGHT NOT DESIRE EVIL AS THEY DID. DO NOT BE IDOLATERS AS SOME OF THEM WERE; AS IT IS WRITTEN, THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK AND ROSE UP TO PLAY. WE MUST NOT INDULGE IN SEXUAL IMMORALITY AS SOME OF THEM DID, AND TWENTY-THREE THOUSAND FELL IN A SINGLE DAY. WE MUST NOT PUT CHRIST TO THE TEST, AS SOME OF THEM DID AND WERE DESTROYED BY SERPENTS, NOR GRUMBLE, AS SOME OF THEM DID AND WERE DESTROYED BY THE DESTROYER. NOW THESE THINGS HAPPENED TO THEM AS AN EXAMPLE, BUT THEY WERE WRITTEN DOWN FOR OUR INSTRUCTION, ON WHOM THE END OF THE AGES HAS COME. THEREFORE LET ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY STAND TAKE HEED LESY THEY FALL. NO TEMPTATION HAS OVERTAKEN YOU THAT IS NOT COMMON TO HUMANS. GOD IS FAITHFUL, AND HE WILL NOT LET YOU BE TEMPTED BEYOND YOUR ABILITY, BUT WITH THE TEMPTATION HE WILL PROVIDE THE WAY OF ESCAPE, THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ENDURE IT. THEREFORE, MY BELOVED, FLEE FROM IDOLATRY. 1 CORINTHIANS 10:6-14
This is an example for us. What happens in the Old Testament has happen for our instruction today. Do not put Christ to the test or grumble to Jesus. Jesus always provides an escape from temptation. Above all God is always faithful!
FOR WE BROUGHT NOTHING INTO THE WORLD, AND WE CANNOT TAKE ANYTHINGS OUT OF THE WORLD. BUT IF WE HAVE FOOD AND CLOTHING, WITH THESE WE WILL BE CONTENT. BUT THOSE WHO DESIRE TO BE RICH FALL INTO TEMPTATION, INTO A SNARE, INTO MANY SENSELESS AND HARMFUL DESIRES THAT PLUNGE PEOPLE INTO RUIN AND DESTRUCTION. FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL KINDS OF EVILS. IT IS THROUGH THIS CRAVING THAT SOME OF WANDERED AWAY FROM THE FAITH AND PIERCED THEMSELVES WITH MANY PANGS. 1 TIMOTHY 6:7-10
This can be called the ministry of contentment. Seek God’s help in being content with what you have in this life and not seek more. Now lets look at the flesh.