Welcome to our brother Paul’s biblical theology on life in Christ.
What does and infant Christian look like and how do they act? The Bible verses are meant to be read out loud and simple commentary follows each section.
- MOUTH- Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 3:13-14, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 4:6, James 3:1-12
- IDOLATRY- Colossians 3:5-10, 1 Corinthians 10:6-14, 1 Timothy 6:7-10
- FLESH- Galatians 5:16-21, Galatians 6:7-8, James 4:1-12
- INFANT CHRISTIAN- 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, Hebrews 5:11-14, Ephesians 4:14
- Old Self- Romans 6:6/Ephesians 4:22
What does a mature Christian look like and how do we act?
- UNITY- 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:11-13, John 17:23, Colossians 3:13-15
- SPIRIT- Galatians 5:22-26, Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Romans 8:1-11
- HEART- Ezekiel 36:25-27/Psalm 51:10-12/Philippians 4:7
- TRUE CHRISTIAN- Romans 12:9-21
- MATURE CHRISTIAN- Ephesians 4:11-16, Philippians 3:13-15, Colossians 1:28
- NEW SELF- Ephesians 4:24-32/Colossians 3:1-17
New Creation in Christ- 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a New Creation!
It is easier to think of works than the word law.
A Gift from GOD.
Christ has set us free!
- Christ Has Set You Free- Galatians 5:1,13-14
- Temple of the Holy Spirit within You- 1 Corinthians 6:12, 19-20
- Freely serving God- 1 Peter 2:16
- Slaves to God- Romans 6:15-23
- Bought with a Price- 1 Corinthians 7:23-24/1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- The Believers Freedom- 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
- Jesus Word- John 8:31-38
Complete Reconciliation by Christ!
Take Heart, for our Lord Jesus has overcome the world!
Working for Jesus Christ!
Citizens of Heaven
Our Citizenship is already in Heaven!
We are heirs!
Everything done in Love.
The Kingdom of GOD
Welcome to the Kingdom of God.
MOUTH- Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 3:13-14, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 4:6, James 3:1-12
AND JESUS SAID, ARE YOU ALSO STILL WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING? DO YOU NOT SEE THAT WHATEVER GOES INTO THE MOUTH PASSES INTO THE STOMACH AND IS EXPELLED? BUT WHAT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH PROCEEDS FROM THE HEART, AND THAT DEFILES A PERSON. FOR OUT OF THE HEART COME EVIL THOUGHTS, MURDER, ADULTERY, SEXUAL IMMORALITY, THEFT, FALSE WITNESS, SLANDER. THESE ARE WHAT DEFILE A PERSON. MATTHEW 15:16-20
Jesus looks at our hearts. He knows everything about us. He asks us to know about him.
THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE; THEY USE THEIR TONGUES TO DECEIVE. THE VENOM OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS. THEIR MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSES AND BITTERNESS. ROMANS 3:13-14
An infant Christian uses their mouths to hurt others.
LET NO CORRUPTING TALK COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS, BUT ONLY SUCH AS IS GOOD FOR BUILDING UP, AS FITS THE OCCASION, THAT IT MAY GIVE GRACE TO THOSE WHO HEAR. EPHESIANS 4:29
Build up our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. We share God’s grace.
LET YOUR SPEECH ALWAYS BE GRACIOUS, SEASONED WITH SALT, SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW HOW YOU OUGHT TO ANSWER EACH OTHER. COLOSSIANS 4:6
Pause and think before you speak to others.
NOT MANY OF YOU SHOULD BECOMES TEACHERS, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FOR YOU KNOW THAT WE WHO TEACH WILL BE JUDGED WITH GREATER STRICTNESS. FOR WE ALL STUMBLE IN MANY WAYS. AND IF ANYONE DOES NOT STUMBLE IN WHAT THEY SAY, THEY ARE A PERFECT PERSON, ABLE ALSO TO BRIDLE THEIR WHOLE BODY. IF WE PUT BITS INTO THE MOUTHS OF HORSES SO THAT THEY OBEY US, WE GUIDE THEIR WHOLE BODIES AS WELL. LOOK AT THE SHIPS ALSO: THOUGH THEY ARE SO LARGE AND ARE DRIVEN BY STRONG WINDS, THEY ARE GUIDED BY A VERY SMALL RUDDER WHEREVER THE WILL OF THE PILOT DIRECTS. SO ALSO THE TONGUE IS A SMALL MEMBER, YET IT BOASTS OF GREAT THINGS. HOW GREAT A FOREST IS SET ABLAZE BY SUCH A SMALL FIRE! AND THE TONGUE IS A FIRE, A WORLD OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. THE TONGUE IS SET AMONG OUR MEMBERS, STAINING THE WHOLE BODY, SETTING ON FIRE THE ENTIRE COURSE OF LIFE, AND SET ON FIRE BY HELL. FOR EVERY KIND OF BEAST AND BIRD, OF REPTILE AND SEA CREATURE CAN BE TAMED AND HAS BEEN TAMED BY HUMANKIND, BUT NO HUMAN BEING CAN TAME THE TONGUE. IT IS A RESTLESS EVIL, FULL OF DEADLY POISON. WITH IT WE BLESS OUR LORD AND FATHER, AND WITH IT WE CURSE PEOPLE WHO ARE MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF GOD. FROM THE SAME MOUTH COME BLESSING AND CURSING. MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THESE THINGS OUGHT NOT TO BE SO. DOES A SPRING POUR FORTH FROM THE SAME OPENING BOTH FRESH AND SALT WATER? CAN A FIG TREE, BY BOTHERS AND SISTERS, BEAR OLIVES, OR A GRAPEVINE PRODUCE FIGS? NEITHER CAN A SALT POND YIELD FRESH WATER. JAMES 3:1-12
One can set the whole body of Christ on fire with their mouth. It can be a world of unrighteousness. Let’s look at idolatry next.