A. Paul’s teachings
Welcome to our brother Paul’s biblical theology on life in Christ.
B. Infant Christian
What does and infant Christian look like and how do they act? The Bible verses are meant to be read out loud and simple commentary follows each section.
- 1. MOUTH- Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 3:13-14, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 4:6, James 3:1-12
- 2. IDOLATRY- Colossians 3:5-10, 1 Corinthians 10:6-14, 1 Timothy 6:7-10
- 3. FLESH- Galatians 5:16-21, Galatians 6:7-8, James 4:1-12
- 4. INFANT CHRISTIAN- 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, Hebrews 5:11-14, Ephesians 4:14
- 5. Old Self- Romans 6:6/Ephesians 4:22
C. Mature Christian
What does a mature Christian look like and how do we act?
- 1. UNITY- 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:11-13, John 17:23, Colossians 3:13-15
- 2. SPIRIT- Galatians 5:22-26, Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Romans 8:1-11
- 3. HEART- Ezekiel 36:25-27/Psalm 51:10-12/Philippians 4:7
- 4. TRUE CHRISTIAN- Romans 12:9-21
- 5. MATURE CHRISTIAN- Ephesians 4:11-16, Philippians 3:13-15, Colossians 1:28
- 6. NEW SELF- Ephesians 4:24-32/Colossians 3:1-17
The Center of Our Faith.
E. New Creation in Christ- 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a New Creation!
It is easier to think of works than the word law.
A Gift from GOD.
Christ has set us free!
- 1. Christ Has Set You Free- Galatians 5:1,13-14
- 2. Temple of the Holy Spirit within You- 1 Corinthians 6:12, 19-20
- 3. Freely serving God- 1 Peter 2:16
- 4. Slaves to God- Romans 6:15-23
- 5. Bought with a Price- 1 Corinthians 7:23-24/1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- 6. The Believers Freedom- 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
- 7. Jesus Word- John 8:31-38
Complete Reconciliation by Christ!
Take Heart, for our Lord Jesus has overcome the world!
- 1. Jesus Word- John 16:33
- 2. Treasure in Jars of Clay- 2 Corinthians 4:7-12
- 3. By His Wounds we have been Healed- 1 Peter 2:19-24
- 4. Rejoice in Suffering- Romans 5:3-5
- 5. Servants of God- 2 Corinthians 6:4-10
- 6. Weakness- Romans 8:26-27/2 Corinthians 12:1-10
- 7. Weak Brothers and Sisters- Romans 14
K. Christ Approved
Working for Jesus Christ!
L. Citizens of Heaven
Our Citizenship is already in Heaven!
M. The Promise
We are heirs!
- 1. Jesus Word Parable- Matthew 21:33-44
- 2. The Promise through Faith- Romans 4:13-25
- 3. Heirs with Christ- Romans 8:12-17
- 4. Gentiles grafted in- Romans 11:11-24
- 5. Mystery of God’s Grace- Ephesians 3:1-13
- 6. All One in Christ- Ephesians 2:11-22
- 7. The Certainty of God’s Promise- Hebrews 6:13-20
Everything done in Love.
O. The Kingdom of GOD
Welcome to the Kingdom of God based on Truth, Holiness, Justice, and Righteousness.
2. The Law and Sin- Romans 7:7-25
WHAT THEN SHALL WE SAY? THAT THE LAW IS SIN? BY NO MEANS! YET IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR THE LAW, I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN SIN. FOR I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN WHAT IT IS TO COVET IF THE LAW HAD NOT SAID, YOU SHALL NOT COVET. BUT SIN, SEIZING AN OPPORTUNITY THROUGH THE COMMANDMENT, PRODUCED IN ME, ALL KINDS OF COVETOUSNESS. FOR APART FROM THE LAW, SIN LIES DEAD. I WAS ONCE ALIVE APART FROM THE LAW, BUT WHEN THE COMMANDMENT CAME, SIN CAME ALIVE AND I DIED. THE VERY COMMANDMENT THAT PROMISED LIFE PROVED TO BE DEATH TO ME. FOR SIN, SEIZING AN OPPORTUNITY THROUGH THE COMMANDMENT, DECEIVED ME AND THROUGH IT KILLED ME. SO THE LAW IS HOLY, AND THE COMMANDMENT IS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS AND GOOD. DID THAT WHICH IS GOOD, THEN, BRING DEATH TO ME? BY NO MEANS! IT WAS SIN, PRODUCING DEATH IN ME THOUGH WHAT IS GOOD, IN ORDER THAT SIN MIGHT BE SHOWN TO BE SIN, AND THROUGH THE COMMANDMENT MIGHT BECOME SINFUL BEYOND MEASURE. FOR WE KNOW THAT THE LAW IS SPIRITUAL, BUT I AM OF THE FLESH, SOLD UNDER SIN. FOR I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ME OWN ACTIONS. FOR I DO NOT DO WHAT I WANT, BUT I DO THE VERY THING I HATE. NOW IF I DO WHAT I DO NOT WANT, I AGREE WITH THE LAW, THAT IT IS GOOD. SO NOW IT IS NO LONGER I WHO DO IT, BUT SIN THAT DWELLS WITHIN ME. FOR I KNOW THAT NOTHING GOOD DWELLS IN ME, THAT IS, IN MY FLESH. FOR I HAVE THE DESIRE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT, BUT NOT THE ABILITY TO CARRY IT OUT. FOR I DO NOT DO THE GOOD I WANT, BUT THE EVIL I DO NOT WANT IS WHAT I KEEP ON DOING. NOW IF I DO WHAT I DO NOT WANT, IT IS NO LONGER I WHO DO IT, BUT SIN THAT DWELLS WITIN ME. SO I FIND IT TO BE A LAW THAT WHEN I WANT TO DO RIGHT, EVIL LIES CLOSE AT HAND. FOR I DELIGHT IN THE LAW OF GOD, IN MY INNER BEING, BUT I SEE IN MY MEMBERS ANOTHER LAW WAGING WAR AGAINST THE LAW OF MY MIND AND MAKING ME CAPTIVE TO THE LAW OF SIN THAT DWELLS IN MY MEMBERS. WRETCHED MAN THAT I AM! WHO WILL DELIVER ME FROM THIS BODY OF DEATH? THANKS BE TO GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD! SO THEN, I MYSELF SERVE THE LAW OF GOD WITH MY MIND, BUT MY FLESH I SERVE THE LAW OF SIN. ROMANS 7:7-25
This passage is a direct reminder of how we are all sinners. We are wretched without Jesus! There is a sin nature inside of us all and we can do nothing to save ourselves. Jesus can and has saved us. Praise the Lord!