In this section, we will look at the work of Jesus Christ, or the atonement, and what it means. This is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the significance of it. There are various theories on the meaning of atonement. It is best to look at these theories as incomplete in themselves, and really as different aspects of the work that Jesus has done. JOHN 3:16-18 which says- FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. FOR GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD, BUT IN ORDER THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE SAVED THROUGH HIM. WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED, BUT WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY SON OF GOD. We should always remember the cross and Jesus!
A look at the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Remember Jesus and the Cross.
Praise the Lord Jesus!
The Process by Jesus of Salvation.
- Effectual calling- Matthew 22:14
- Regeneration- John 3:3-8/Titus 3:5
- Faith and repentance- Ephesians 2:8
- Justification- Romans 3:24/Romans 4
- Adoption- Romans 8:15-17/Galatians 4:5/Ephesians 1:5
- Sanctification- Romans 6:22/1 Peter 1:4
- Perseverance- John 8:31-32/Philippians 1:6/John 6:37-39
- Union with Christ- Ephesians 1:4-10/John 15:1-17
- Glorification- Romans 8:30/1 Corinthians 15:20
We have complete peace in what our Lord and Savior Jesus does.
The theories of atonement.
Extent and Scope
The extent and scope of salvation.
Books on the atonement.