CHRIST CRUCIFIED! In this section, we will look at the work of Jesus Christ, or the atonement, and what it means. This is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the significance of it. There are various theories on the meaning of atonement. It is best to look at these theories as incomplete in themselves, and really as different aspects of the work that Jesus has done. JOHN 3:16-18 which says- FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. FOR GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD, BUT IN ORDER THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE SAVED THROUGH HIM. WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED, BUT WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY SON OF GOD. We should always remember Jesus and the Cross!
A look at the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
- 1. INTRODUCTION/SUMMARY
- 2. ATONEMENT- 1 John 2:2/ Hebrews 9:12/Romans 5:6-11
- 3. WORK OF CHRIST- The Cross 1 Peter 2:24/1 Corinthians 1:18/Matthew 16:24
- 4. John 3:16
- 5. Blood and Sacrifice
- 6. Day of Atonement and the Passover
- 7. The difference between Propitiation and Expiation and why it matters
- Jesus and Adam
B. The Cross
Remember Jesus and the Cross.
C. The Resurrection
Praise the Lord Jesus! Death is Conquered!
D. Jesus has overcome death!
O Death, where is your sting?
- 1. Death is swallowed up- 1 Corinthians 15:54-57
- 2. Death, where is your sting- Hosea 13:14
- 3. Jesus has swallowed up death forever- Isaiah 25:8
- 4. Jesus brings life and immortality- 2 Timothy 1:10
- 5. Jesus has overcome death by the cross- Hebrews 2:14-15
- 6. Fear not, Jesus has the keys of death- Revelations 1:18
- 7. Jesus has wiped away all tears- Revelations 21:3-4
The Process by Jesus of Salvation.
- 1. Effectual calling- Matthew 22:14
- 2. Regeneration- John 3:3-8/Titus 3:5
- 3. Faith and repentance- Ephesians 2:8
- 4. Justification- Romans 3:24/Romans 4
- 5. Adoption- Romans 8:15-17/Galatians 4:5/Ephesians 1:5
- 6. Sanctification- Romans 6:22/1 Peter 1:4
- 7. Perseverance- John 8:31-32/Philippians 1:6/John 6:37-39
- 8. Union with Christ- Ephesians 1:4-10/John 15:1-17
- 9. Glorification- Romans 8:30/1 Corinthians 15:20
F. Shalom Peace of Christ
We have complete peace in what our Lord and Savior Jesus does.
Books on the atonement.