REPENT, FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND! This section is probably the most neglected part of our Christian faith. It is actually one of the most important parts. We are all sinners and deserve death, but thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we are saved. ROMANS 3:10-12 says- NONE IS RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE; NO ONE UNDERSTANDS; NO ONE SEEKS FOR GOD. ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE; TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME WORTHLESS; NO ONE DOES GOOD, NOT EVEN ONE.
1 JOHN 1:8-10- IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN, WE DECEIVE OURSELVES, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US. IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. IF WE SAY WE HAVE NOT SINNED, WE MAKE HIM A LIAR, AND HIS WORD IS NOT IN US.
A. Introduction to sin
An understanding of sin.
B. Three Categories of Sin
Original Sin, Sin Nature, and Our Personal sins.
For we have all rebelled against the Lord and fall short of his Grace.
Where is your heart?
E. The Love of Money
F. Other Sins of the Flesh
These sins are harder to see in ourselves.
G. The Bondage of Sin
Sold as a Slave to Sin.
H. Our Repentance
We humbly repent for our sins.
I. We Confess our Sins
We will continuously confess our sins to our Lord Jesus!
J. Imputed Sin, The Cross, and Imputed Righteousness
What does the Word say about what Jesus did in his death and resurrection?
K. God’s Righteousness
A deeper look into what God’s Righteousness is?
- 1. Seek first the Kingdom of God- Matthew 6:33
- 2. Be righteous, for the Lord Jesus is righteous- Psalm 11:7
- 3. Jesus makes us righteous by the Cross- Isaiah 53:11
- 4. Jesus bore our sins for us- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- 5. By Jesus’s wounds, we are healed- 1 Peter 2:24
- 6. Through faith and the grace of Jesus- Romans 3:21-26
- 7. Our righteousness must exceed that of the Jewish Leaders- Matthew 5:20
- 8. Beware of practicing righteousness before others- Matthew 6:1
God has mercy and forgives us, therefore we do the same by his grace.
- 1. Slow to anger- Psalm 103:8
- 2. Do not judge, but forgive- Luke 6:36-37
- 3. Not sacrifice- Matthew 9:13
- 4. By Jesus’s mercy- Titus 3:5
- 5. Jesus has mercy on who he has mercy- Romans 9:15-16
- 6. By the mercies of God, we are living sacrifices- Romans 12:1-2
- 7. Jesus Word Parable- Unmerciful Servant
Books on sin.